buying in a Guernsey's Auction
In a world where so many auctions are 100% reserved, the majority of items in Guernsey’s auctions are offered without minimum reserve – increasing the chance that you can be a successful bidder! And as a bidder there are multiple ways you can bid, whether you able to attend the auction or not.
Participating in a Guernsey’s Auction is fun…. and easy!!
Bid live and in person
- Attend in person and experience all the excitement and competitive bidding of a live auction first-hand.
- Register to bid on site (or submit your Bidder Registration Form in advance if you prefer to save time), and pick up your Bidder’s Paddle at the registration desk the day of the auction.
- Bid online at liveauctioneers.com - the wolrds largest internet auction site.
- Easy access to Guernsey's auction postings can be found online here
- View the current catalogues and register to bid.
Bid by phone
- If you’re unable to attend in person, this is the most personal way to participate in the auction in absentia.
- Give us a call to make arrangements with us to phone you during the auction when your desired lots come up.
- When the lot(s) you’ve identified come to the block, a member of our experienced sales staff will be on the phone with you, relaying your bids to the auctioneer.
Bid in Writing
- Submit your completed absentee bid form by email, fax, or mail, and Guernsey’s sales staff will bid on your behalf up to the level you’ve authorized us to bid.
- We do suggest that you call to confirm receipt of your email, fax or mailed paperwork.
Whether bidding in person or in absentia, you will need to register in advance of the auction by completing and submitting the appropriate forms which can be found using the following links:
Bidder Agreement Form
Absentee Bid Form
Terms & Conditions (general)
Specific references in the Terms & Conditions, such as location, date, and shipping options may vary from auction to auction depending on the nature and location of the event, so please consult the Terms & Conditions for each auction.
If you are a successful bidder… (and we hope you are!)
Following the auction you will be receive or be sent an invoice either: in person if you are present at the auction; by email if you bid online; by mail, fax or email if you bid by phone or in writing. Your invoice will reflect your successful high bid(s), the buyer’s premium (as explained in the Terms& Conditions), and any local taxes which may be due.
Payment is due within ten days of the auction. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, cashier’s or bank check, and wire transfer. Payment can also be made by personal check, but unless you have furnished us with a Bank Letter of Guarantee in advance, purchases will be held until your personal check has cleared.
Upon receipt of payment in cleared funds, you may arrange to pick-up your purchases or have them shipped. Guernsey’s staff will assist you in making shipping arrangements, although all costs associated with packing and shipping are the responsibility of the buyer.